Settled by the Dutch before 1700. Originally part of Bloomfield until 1839. Incorporated in 1902. Changed from Town to Township in 1981. Nutley derived its name from the large estate of the Satterthwaite family, established in 1844, which stretched along the banks of the Passaic River. In 1902, the quaint town of Franklin, New Jersey, once the northeast corner of Newark, changed its name to Nutley when a growth in population prompted a change in the form of government from Township to Mayor/Council. Prior to this event, the geographical area now called Nutley had a colorful 236 years of recorded history.
|Town Name: Nutley|
|City Hall: Nutley City Hall|
|Address: 1Kennedy Dr., Nutley NJ 07110|
|Phone Number: 973-284-4951|
|Land Area: 3.4 square miles|
|Distance to NYC: 15 miles|
|Town Website: http://www.nutleynj.org/|
|Library Website: http://www.bccls.org/|
|Water Service: Passaic Valley Water Supply or Newark Water|
|Gas & Electric: P.S.E. & G.|
About the Neighborhood
The dissemination of listings on this website does not constitute the consent required by N.J.A.C. 11:5.6.1 (n) for the advertisement of listings exclusively for sale by another broker. Any such consent must be obtained in writing from the listing broker.
Copyright © 2022 Garden State Multiple Listing Service, L.L.C. All rights reserved.